[re]boot offers individuals the chance to upskill, re-skill and gain employability and sector specific skills, qualifications and training within the Digital, Creative (Production Skills), Engineering and Construction sectors.
This project supports Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership’s (LEP) all-age careers and inspiration campaign, #futuregoals, by providing relevant content and practical courses to address the skills shortages in our region.
Who is [re]boot for?
[re]boot will benefit individuals aged 18 and over to meet their full potential and enter roles in key growth sectors across Leeds City Region and will actively target:
- Individuals in work
- Graduates who are underemployed or under-utilised and therefore disadvantaged in the labour market
- Individuals who are returning to the labour market after a period of absence
- People considering a career change
[re]boot will help to improve the overall skill level of the workforce by enabling individuals who are typically marginalised from accessing higher level skills. Training will be designed to drive progression, in particular from Level 2 to 3 to 4 providing an essential springboard for participants looking to progress in priority sectors.
The short training courses will help to meet the immediate demand from employers for specific sector skills, engaging with industry to help shape course content.
- Provide a larger talent pool in the key growth sectors in Leeds City Region.
- Increase the skill levels from the existing level to the next level up and encourage more progression into higher level employment.
- Train individuals in their pursuit of careers in Digital, Creative (Production Skills), Engineering and Construction sectors.
- Develop individuals who, upon completion, are ready to progress in sector occupations as competent sector-specific professionals.
What West Yorkshire Colleges have been up to recently.
Read the News
8 October 2019
Wine School of Excellence: Certified training for the hospitality industry through The Skills Service
On a sunny Friday afternoon in York, we caught up with Gillian Tinney - Managing Director of the Wine School of Excellence (WSE). Newly contracted…
1 October 2019
Skills Cafe: Workshop announced for manufacturing businesses
The Skills Service is inviting SMEs working in manufacturing, advanced manufacturing and textiles to its next Skills Cafe on Friday 25 October. The event will…