The Skills Service offers a unique package of training and support for employers in the Leeds City Region. WYCC Skills Service Advisors will explore opportunities with businesses to offer the right skills solutions that can be part funded by the European Social Fund.
1. The employer identifies a training need or an area of business that requires improvement or growth
2. The employer makes an enquiry through the Skills Enquiry Form
3. The employer is allocated an experienced and knowledgeable Skills Advisor from The Skills Service
4. The Skills Advisor discusses the business and employee needs with the employer.
5. The Skills Advisor identifies the right solution to support the business and individual need and presents the employer with a series of options from The Skills Service offer
6. The employer makes a choice which is best suited to the business
7. The Skills Advisor sets up the training or project with the approved training partner
Through The Skills Service, you will be offered more than one-off, existing training courses. The West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges values employers' expertise and insight into industry and when you enquire with The Skills Service, you will have the opportunity to influence the skills agenda in your industry. As a collaborative organisation, we can connect intelligence and demand with opportunity.
Once we are working with you, you will be first to hear from WYCC with training and project opportunities. We will work with our employers to develop the right suite of training and projects to meet the skills gap or support talent pipeline and connect you with the right opportunities to help your business, and industry, flourish.
You don't need to know exactly what training your employees' need, we can work with you to understand your business areas and through a simple skills audit, identify where we can help.
For an example of the courses currently available through The Skills Service please browse the Skills Catalogue.