Higher Performing Workplaces (HPW) offers training that is designed to help businesses grow by developing internal talent. Many of the courses and programmes listed are now available for online (remote) learning, so please enquire if you are interested in one of the programmes.
Training: Grow your team's skills:
- Export and Innovation: These programmes are designed to increase in-house skills and knowledge to access new domestic and international markets to drive export.
- Innovative Working: Training courses that can help individuals to drive working and employment practices that wrap around operational and employee demands.
- Empowering Leaders: A range of courses developed to nurture and progress leadership skills with specific interventions to support female employees to narrow the gender gap in leadership positions.
- Effective Human Resources: Training will help individuals to use effective HR practices to support succession planning and encourage workplace diversity and improve workplace cultures.
See all the training in the GrowSkills Brochure V3
Higher Performing Workplaces is funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and managed by the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges. This means that businesses can receive 40% ESF funding towards the cost of any HPW training.
Individuals can access coaching from a selection of coaches contracted by WYCC. This coaching is also eligible for 40% ESF funding. Take a look at our choice of online coaching profiles, make an enquiry and WYCC will help facilitate the booking of the coach.
Business Performance Mentoring
Choose a WYCC Mentoring Associate and develop the skills you need to excel, with 40% funding and up to six mentoring sessions for each individual.
Peer to Peer sessions - Fully-funded!
Book on to a virtual group session to help your business get back on track. Sessions are fully-funded by the European Social Fund and facilitated by a highly qualified facilitator.
To be eligible:
- the business must be based in one of the following districts: Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield or York (Check your district on the Gov.Uk website)
- the business must be an SME. For training only the business can be an SME or a Large Employer (updated 2 Nov 20).
This project focuses on, but is not limited to the following sectors: Creative, Digital, Finance, Business, Hospitality, Tourism, Low Carbon, Construction, Manufacturing, Engineering, Medical Technology, Transport and Logistics.
The aim of this ESF project is to complement the skills projects and plans already underway in the region. The project should specifically contribute to:
- Improving staff motivation, leadership, communication and teamwork.
- Increasing staff retention.
- Supporting with longer–term skills planning to help realise business ambitions, diversification, new products, markets or expansion.
- Enhancing employee involvement and commitment to the company.
- Ensuring higher levels of financial performance by employers.
- Enhancing and enabling business strategy and operational planning to achieve growth.
- Promoting high levels of females in leadership positions.