Higher Performing Workplaces provides an additional offer to business as an enhancement to The Skills Service. The Higher Performing Workplaces project will work with partners to develop and deliver packages of skills support to grow internal talent. It will provide financial incentives towards a package of skills and support designed for SMEs in the sectors which present the greatest opportunities for economic growth in Leeds City Region. The project will enable SMEs to:
- Increase in-house skills capacity and knowledge to access new domestic and international markets to drive export capabilities,
- Drive working and employment practices that wrap around operational and employee demands,
- Develop leadership skills with specific interventions to support female employees to narrow the gender gap in leadership positions,
- Embed effective HR practices that will support succession planning and encourage workplace diversity and improve workplace cultures.
Skills Advisors will identify business needs and develop bespoke solutions for innovative working practices. Financial contributions will be available to support the costs of training to ensure SMEs are fully equipped with the resources and support needed to develop a highly skilled and more agile, productive and innovative workforce.
- Improves staff motivation, leadership, communication and teamwork
- Increases staff retention
- Supports with longer–term skills planning to help realise business ambitions, diversification, new products, markets or expansion
- Enhances employee involvement and commitment to the company
- Ensures higher levels of financial performance by SME employers
- Enhances and enables business strategy and operational planning to achieve growth
- Promotes high levels of females in leadership positions
What West Yorkshire Colleges have been up to recently.
Read the News
6 January 2020
Have your say on skills and training in your business
As part of The Skills Service's ongoing research into skills and training opportunities and demand in the Leeds City Region, we would like to know…
10 December 2019
Reaching out to Construction Workers with Morgan Sindall
In November members of The Skills Service engagement team set up shop at Morgan Sindall’s exciting new construction project, Leeds Skelton Lake Services. Opening January…