Higher Performing Workplaces provides an additional offer to business as an enhancement to The Skills Service. The Higher Performing Workplaces project will work with partners to develop and deliver packages of skills support to grow internal talent. It will provide financial incentives towards a package of skills and support designed for SMEs in the sectors which present the greatest opportunities for economic growth in Leeds City Region. The project will enable SMEs to:
- Increase in-house skills capacity and knowledge to access new domestic and international markets to drive export capabilities,
- Drive working and employment practices that wrap around operational and employee demands,
- Develop leadership skills with specific interventions to support female employees to narrow the gender gap in leadership positions,
- Embed effective HR practices that will support succession planning and encourage workplace diversity and improve workplace cultures.
Skills Advisors will identify business needs and develop bespoke solutions for innovative working practices. Financial contributions will be available to support the costs of training to ensure SMEs are fully equipped with the resources and support needed to develop a highly skilled and more agile, productive and innovative workforce.
- Improves staff motivation, leadership, communication and teamwork
- Increases staff retention
- Supports with longer–term skills planning to help realise business ambitions, diversification, new products, markets or expansion
- Enhances employee involvement and commitment to the company
- Ensures higher levels of financial performance by SME employers
- Enhances and enables business strategy and operational planning to achieve growth
- Promotes high levels of females in leadership positions
What West Yorkshire Colleges have been up to recently.
Read the News
15 August 2019
Joint Venture college enrolment dates 2019
It's that time of year again. A Level and BTEC results are now out and GCSE results are next week. Don't miss out, make sure…
13 August 2019
Free workshop in York for the Hospitality and Tourism sector
Hospitality and tourism businesses in the Leeds City Region can benefit from the next Skills Café event hosted by The Skills Service on Thursday 26…