A carbon handprint recognises the actions you take to have a positive impact on the climate, over and above reducing your own carbon footprint.
Over the last year WYCC has taken the following actions to increase its carbon handprint:
- Headline sponsor of the North Green Skills Conference (October 2023)
- Two Green Skills Cafes for businesses to learn more and network
- Direct delivery of Carbon Literacy training within Leeds City College and Leeds City Council.
- Presentation at the Environmental Alliance for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) national conference (June 2023)
- Green West Yorkshire social media campaign #GreenWY
- Green Blog sharing news from WYCC and colleagues about the challenges and progress made in becoming more sustainable
- West Yorkshire Skills Partnership Conference 2022 - sustainability theme
- The Green Skills Service – a hub for businesses to develop grow their skills within the green space
- The Green Skills Service Launch event – an event to spread awareness of the support we can offer to businesses within the West Yorkshire surrounding SDGs and in particular low carbon. Creating and facilitating a Low Carbon Partnership forum to bring together education and industry in the development of new provision
- Promote and celebrate low carbon initiatives within west Yorkshire to influence the individuals and businesses within the region
- The Green Consortium – a hub for providers to and stakeholders to collaborate and develop within the green space