New project commissions launch to meet skills needs
The West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges (WYCC) has launched a set of European Social Fund commissions for five skills projects. Once awarded, the projects will help to address the demand for skills and access to training for employed people in the Leeds City Region.
The opportunities include four ‘Conversion Skills’ programmes and a series of Action Research Demonstrator projects which are now available for applications from organisations who can meet the criteria.
The Conversion Skills (training) programmes must widen participation in higher level education among employed people as part of the Reach Higher ESF contract. The projects are:
- Advanced Manufacturing (deadline 6.12.18)
- Women into STEM, Embracing Diversity (deadline 6.12.18)
- Digital Innovation (deadline passed)
- Leadership and Mental Strength (deadline passed)
The Action Research Demonstrators will test and explore barriers to learning for those in low paid jobs, under the More Skills Better Jobs ESF contract. Organisations are invited to bid for the tender and must align with at least one of the five overarching aims: (deadline passed)
- Increasing progression opportunities for those in part time/flexible roles or atypical work
- Investigating and exposing the impact of pay or non-pay issues on progression from low pay
- Building on or scaling up research and/or testing recommendations to drive progression and increase social mobility for individuals or groups trapped in low paid work
- Supporting industries and employers move away from a low pay, low skilled business model
- Tackling and addressing the drivers of low pay for specific groups (i.e. older workers, female workers, employed adults with disabilities or ethnic minority groups)
How to find out more and apply
More information about these opportunities is available on the In-tend website. To receive full documentation, express an interest or ask questions, organisations must register their details on In-tend.
What West Yorkshire Colleges have been up to recently.
Read the News
7 December 2018
Skills will be an 'integral' part of UK Shared Prosperity Fund plans
The Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is calling for the new UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) to exceed current funding guaranteed through EU funds.…
20 November 2018
Industry-based training programmes open for tender
As part of the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges’ drive to improve skills in the Leeds City Region, another eight opportunities for training providers to…