New project commissions launch to meet skills needs
The West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges (WYCC) has launched a set of European Social Fund commissions for five skills projects. Once awarded, the projects will help to address the demand for skills and access to training for employed people in the Leeds City Region.
The opportunities include four ‘Conversion Skills’ programmes and a series of Action Research Demonstrator projects which are now available for applications from organisations who can meet the criteria.
The Conversion Skills (training) programmes must widen participation in higher level education among employed people as part of the Reach Higher ESF contract. The projects are:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Digital Innovation
- Leadership and Mental Strength
- Women into STEM, Embracing Diversity
The Action Research Demonstrators will test and explore barriers to learning for those in low paid jobs, under the More Skills Better Jobs ESF contract. Organisations are invited to bid for the tender and must align with at least one of the five overarching aims:
- Increasing progression opportunities for those in part time/flexible roles or atypical work
- Investigating and exposing the impact of pay or non-pay issues on progression from low pay
- Building on or scaling up research and/or testing recommendations to drive progression and increase social mobility for individuals or groups trapped in low paid work
- Supporting industries and employers move away from a low pay, low skilled business model
- Tackling and addressing the drivers of low pay for specific groups (i.e. older workers, female workers, employed adults with disabilities or ethnic minority groups)
How to find out more and apply
More information about these opportunities is available on the In-tend website. To receive full documentation, express an interest or ask questions, organisations must register their details on In-tend.
What West Yorkshire Colleges have been up to recently.
Read the News
12 October 2018
Businesses love our colleges too
The West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges (WYCC) will be supporting the ‘Love Our Colleges’ campaign during a national awareness week this week (15-19 October). WYCC…
4 October 2018
Second round of ESF commissions launch to boost skills
The West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges (WYCC) has launched its second round of commissions for training providers in the Leeds City Region. Funded by the…