Using Social Media For Business Craven College - 351
The way we promote our businesses, products and services to customers, both current and potential, has changed radically with the use of social media and will continue to evolve. However, social media needs targeting to be fully effective as it is important to use the right media to reach your target audience. This short course aims to encourage you to think about and develop the use of social media to increase your business. It covers:
- Different types of social media – benefits and drawbacks
- Engaging with customers – using social media as a two way process
- Measuring results – don’t just do activity for activities sake. Make it count!
- Facebook – learn to use it to reach your ideal customer
- Using Facebook Live to broadcast your message and reach new customers for free
- Using Facebook adverts to target the right people
- Twitter – are your ‘tweets’ generating results?
- Instagram – become proficient at using one of the fastest growing social media platforms
- YouTube – join 76 million other in promoting their businesses
- LinkedIn – how to get the best out of it
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for social media
There is no formal assessment for this course.
If your organisation is based in North Yorkshire it must be working in one of the following sectors to be eligible for funding through The Skills Service: manufacturing (except food), transport and logistics, digital and creative, business and finance, medical technology or retail.
What West Yorkshire Colleges have been up to recently.
Read the News
5 February 2019
Nav Chohan becomes Consortium Chair
Nav Chohan, Principal at Shipley College has been appointed as the new Chair of both WYCC and the Leeds City Region Skills Network. Nav replaces…
21 January 2019
The West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges has a new home
And yes, it's still in West Yorkshire! The West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges has officially moved to a new office location, signifying progress and positive…