With so many people branching out into their own businesses or taking over others it is more important than ever that they are familiar with how to develop an overall strategy, write operational plans, create budgets which drive objectives, targets and KPIs, how to communicate and use these, and then how to design business controls and performance management systems to benefit their business. It covers:
Writing a basic business plan
• Product manufacturing, marketing and selling strategy
• Business control
• Forecasting and budgeting
• Understanding of financial statements and key ratios including balance sheets, profit and loss statements and cash flow analysis
• Understanding the budgeting process and its terminology
• How budgets translate into objectives and targets
• How targets and key performance indicators relate to performance management and training needs analysis
• Examples of basic business controls
There is no formal assessment for this course.
If your organisation is based in North Yorkshire it must be working in one of the following sectors to be eligible for funding through The Skills Service: manufacturing (except food), transport and logistics, digital and creative, business and finance, medical technology or retail.