This is a one day leadership training course and workshop in which you will learn how to improve your management skills and become an effective leader.
Most people in management or team leader roles have developed naturally into the position with little guidance or any formal training and often dropped in the ‘deep end’. This can result in a ‘trial by error’ learning experience which can be equally difficult for both the manager and their staff.
This session is for managers who have never had any formal leadership training and want to develop their understanding, tools and techniques to deliver better results, and feel more rewarding for themselves and the team.
People attending this Management and Leadership course will gain a comprehensive knowledge of the key skills and techniques required to be an effective manager and a greater awareness and perspective of how to lead people to maximise their performance.
- Understand the concept of leadership in the workplace, distinguish between leadership and management techniques, understand the essential qualities of a good leader, apply leadership models to lead people more confidently and effectively, appreciate your own and others behavioural styles in order to build rapport with people, identify how to use and implement management planning tools, explore how to give effective developmental feedback so as to inspire change in behaviour of others, learn how to be assertiveness so as to influence and persuade and understand how to motivate your team to aspire to greater efforts.
Anyone who manages, leads, or supervises a team who have not yet received formal training or managers, team leaders and supervisors looking for a refresher leadership course.
- Run by a specialist Leadership and Management Trainer with over 10 years experience in running training courses
- This course is limited to 6 places so you are guaranteed personal support throughout the day
- We provide one to one and private group courses throughout the UK
- Course notes and support material
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Certificate of achievement