Managing Volunteers Craven College - 362
Managing volunteers requires a different approach to managing employees. This course will help you to effectively manage and retain volunteers within your organisation, by providing the right kind of support.
The course content includes motivation strategies and how to get the best out of someone who is giving up their own time, and the essential communication skills required to ensure performance is monitored and policies adhered to. It covers:
- What is a volunteer
- Why people volunteer
- Why organisations need volunteers
- Employees and volunteers – roles and responsibilities
- Effective communication – internal and external
- Maintaining and monitoring volunteers
- Induction and training; policies and procedures, safeguarding, health and safety, volunteer agreements, expenses
- Managing performance (recognition)
- Conflict resolution and negotiation
- The volunteer co-ordinator and supervision of volunteers
There is no formal assessment with this course.
If your organisation is based in North Yorkshire it must be working in one of the following sectors to be eligible for funding through The Skills Service: manufacturing (except food), transport and logistics, digital and creative, business and finance, medical technology or retail.
What West Yorkshire Colleges have been up to recently.
Read the News
7 December 2018
Skills will be an 'integral' part of UK Shared Prosperity Fund plans
The Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is calling for the new UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) to exceed current funding guaranteed through EU funds.…
20 November 2018
Industry-based training programmes open for tender
As part of the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges’ drive to improve skills in the Leeds City Region, another eight opportunities for training providers to…