HTML5 & CSS3 Calderdale College - 384
This course is suitable for beginners and will help you learn how to build a website. You will be introduced to reading and understanding code, how to write HTML and CSS and also how to deal with common problems that occur when building websites.
You will encounter all the major elements that form a modern website and become confident working with code - from forms and tables to working with CSS to achieve more complicated layouts. The numerous practical exercises will ease you through the process and develop your skills so that you become comfortable creating and amending your own web pages.
This course will cover the following:
- How to build a website from scratch using HTML and CSS
- The importance of structure in HTML
- How to use CSS to improve the visual styling of a website
- How web standards enable the separation of structure and presentation.
- How to begin to optimise your website so it can be found by people using the web (search engine optimisation)
What West Yorkshire Colleges have been up to recently.
Read the News
5 February 2019
Nav Chohan becomes Consortium Chair
Nav Chohan, Principal at Shipley College has been appointed as the new Chair of both WYCC and the Leeds City Region Skills Network. Nav replaces…
21 January 2019
The West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges has a new home
And yes, it's still in West Yorkshire! The West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges has officially moved to a new office location, signifying progress and positive…