HTML5 and CSS3: Calderdale College
HTML5 and CSS3: Calderdale College - 767
This course is suitable for beginners and will help you learn how to build a website. You will be introduced to reading and understanding code, how to write HTML and CSS and also how to deal with common problems that occur when building websites.
You will encounter all the major elements that form a modern website and become confident working with code - from forms and tables to working with CSS to achieve more complicated layouts. The numerous practical exercises will ease you through the process and develop your skills so that you become comfortable creating and amending your own web pages.
This course will cover the following:
- How to build a website from scratch using HTML and CSS
- The importance of structure in HTML
- How to use CSS to improve the visual styling of a website
- How web standards enable the separation of structure and presentation.
- How to begin to optimise your website so it can be found by people using the web (search engine optimisation)
What West Yorkshire Colleges have been up to recently.
Read the News
14 June 2019
New project offers 'Skills Associate' opportunities
The West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges (WYCC), is inviting applications from ‘Skills Associates’ to provide coaching for SME employers and their employees who are 'poised…
13 June 2019
Skills Cafe Launches for Digital Businesses
WYCC is launching a series of events to connect with key sectors in the Leeds City Region, starting with its first 'Skills Cafe' on Thursday…