HTML5 and CSS3: Calderdale College
HTML5 and CSS3: Calderdale College - 767
This course is suitable for beginners and will help you learn how to build a website. You will be introduced to reading and understanding code, how to write HTML and CSS and also how to deal with common problems that occur when building websites.
You will encounter all the major elements that form a modern website and become confident working with code - from forms and tables to working with CSS to achieve more complicated layouts. The numerous practical exercises will ease you through the process and develop your skills so that you become comfortable creating and amending your own web pages.
This course will cover the following:
- How to build a website from scratch using HTML and CSS
- The importance of structure in HTML
- How to use CSS to improve the visual styling of a website
- How web standards enable the separation of structure and presentation.
- How to begin to optimise your website so it can be found by people using the web (search engine optimisation)
What West Yorkshire Colleges have been up to recently.
Read the News
15 August 2019
Joint Venture college enrolment dates 2019
It's that time of year again. A Level and BTEC results are now out and GCSE results are next week. Don't miss out, make sure…
13 August 2019
Free workshop in York for the Hospitality and Tourism sector
Hospitality and tourism businesses in the Leeds City Region can benefit from the next Skills Café event hosted by The Skills Service on Thursday 26…