This course enables candidates to understand the theory of how to assess competence of others in the work environment, as well as teaching them the practices and principles of assessment. It covers:
Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
This can be undertaken without access to candidates and is delivered through scheduled classroom delivered training sessions. Once completed you will:
• Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
• Understand different types of assessment methods
• Understand how to plan assessments
• Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
• Understand how to make assessment decisions
• Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
• Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
• Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
Upon successful completion of Unit 1 candidates will receive a Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles & Practice of Assessment. To gain the full Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement you will need to also complete Unit 2 and Unit 3.
If your organisation is based in North Yorkshire it must be working in one of the following sectors to be eligible for funding through The Skills Service: manufacturing (except food), transport and logistics, digital and creative, business and finance, medical technology or retail.